The Electrical Properties System was developed to fill the need for measurement of critical reservoir properties at elevated temperatures. This multifunction system provides both Co/Cw measurements used for the determination of Qv, which allows for the interpretation of low resistivity pay in shaly sands, and I/Sw measurements used for the interpretation of resistivity logs to determine actual reservoir saturations. Capillary pressure curves are also generated during I/Sw testing.
Metarock Laboratories works closely with each client to design and deliver an Electrical Properties Measurement System solution that ensures their specific testing needs are met.
The specifications below are general in nature as each Electrical Properties System is tailored to meet individual clients needs.
- Pressures up to 15,000 psi
- Temperatures up to 150 degrees Celsius
- Isostatic core holder for 2” x 1” or 3” x 1.5” samples
- Servo controlled positive displacement pumps for confining, injection, and back pressure
- All wetted parts are HC276
- High accuracy digital pressure transducers (0.02% FS accuracy)
- LCR meter measures both real and imaginary components of resistance
- GUI driven data acquisition and control system
- I/Sw can be performed in constant injection, constant pressure, or hybrid constant injection/pressure modes
- Single or multiple unit configurations available
- Isostatic core holders
- Displacement pump
- LCR meter
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) for data acquisition and control system