The Multipurpose Stressed Measurement System was developed to fill the need for measurement of critical reservoir properties at elevated temperatures. This multifunction system accommodates a wide range of testing needs. Permeability and porosity along with electrical properties (F and m) can be measured as a function of effective stress up to 10,000 psi in a temperature controlled enclosure. The system is also capable of performing Co/Cw measurements used for the determination of Qv, which allows for the interpretation of low resistivity pay in shaly sands, and I/Sw measurements used for the interpretation of resistivity logs to determine actual reservoir saturations. Capillary pressure curves are also generated during I/Sw testing.
Metarock Laboratories works closely with each client to design and deliver a Multipurpose Stressed Measurement System solution that ensures their specific testing needs are met.
The specifications below are general in nature as each Multipurpose Stressed Measurement System is tailored to meet individual clients needs.
- Confining pressures up to 15,000 psi
- Pore pressures up to 10,000 psi
- Temperatures up to 150 degrees Celsius
- Isostatic core holders for 2” x 1” or 3” x 1.5” samples are standard but any sizes can be accommodated
- Automatic confining pressure control by servo controlled positive displacement pump
- Servo controlled positive displacement pump s for injection and back pressure
- All wetted parts available in SS, HC276, Titanium, or PEEK (other materials available on request)
- High accuracy digital pressure transducers (0.02% FS accuracy)
- LCR meter measures both real and imaginary components of resistance
- GUI driven data acquisition and control system
- I/Sw can be performed in constant injection, constant pressure, or hybrid constant injection/pressure modes
- Isostatic core holders
- Displacement pump
- LCR meter
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) for data acquisition and control system