Our Helium Porosimeter is a precision instrument used to accurately determine the grain volume of porous materials via the Helium Expansion method. Sample properties such as grain density, bulk volume, bulk density, pore volume, and porosity are automatically calculated and recorded when the sample length, diameter, and weight are input into the advanced data acquisition and control software.
Our advanced design incorporates thermal control to minimize temperature effects, multiple gas calibration ability, and robust long life metal diaphragm valves with exceptionally low leakage rates minimize errors and reduces downtime.
The MetaRock Helium Porosimeter is available in both a standard laboratory grade for production work, and as a research grade unit for measurement of difficult samples such as shales and tight gas sands where the absolute highest precision is required.
- 200 PSIA Digital Pressure Transducer with +/- .02 % Full Scale Accuracy
- Fully Automated Operation
- Internal on-board PC and Data Acquisition minimizes Footprint and Cables
- Helium Thermal Equilibration Chamber
- 0.5 Micron Filtration of incoming Helium with a 0.5 Micron Unit fitted between the Matrix Cup and Valves
- Low Maintenance Metal Seal Diaphragm Valves, surface mounted for easy access
- Advanced PC-based Data Acquisition and Control Software calculates real time Grain Volume, Grain Density, Pore Volume, and Porosity
- Three Internal Reference Volumes
- External Pressure Port for stressed PV Measurements (optional external type core-holder)
- Matrix Cups and Calibration Billets to run 1″ diameter x 3″ length and 1.5″ diameter x 3″ length Samples
- All calibration values are recorded in each file with the raw data for each test
- Custom MetaRock Laboratories, Inc. software
- Vacuum ports available