Brazilian Tensile Testing
- Tensile strength is a strength parameter crucial for failure behavior characterization for a sample failure in tension. It is also essential for fracture design.
- Brazilian Tensile Strength test provides an indirect measure of tensile strength via loading disc-shaped sample between two custom-designed metal platens and subsequently splitting the disc via loading.
- External LVDTs mounted along with platens permit custom loading strategy, for example, loading at specified rate.
- The tensile strength can be correlated with other strength properties such as unconfined compressive strength (UCS) and fracture toughness (KIC).
Recommended Sample Dimensions:
- Diameter: 1” Length: 0.5”
- Diameter:1.5” Length:0.75”