Standard industry permeameters typically provide you with results ranging from 0.001 to 30,000 millidarcy, however due to limitations within instrumentation resolution and accuracy, the rate for error grow higher for results at or lower than 0.001 millidarcy. Fortunately, our Steady State Permeameter, the SSK-300, is designed to overcome the challenges associated with quantifying low permeability measurements and avoiding major pitfalls.
By incorporating digital pressure transducers, mass flow controllers, an oven enclosing a core holder, coupled with our custom software, the user is able to calculate permeability without sacrificing time and accuracy.
Additionally, the SSK-300’s software takes into account the Klinkenberg Effect, which can often skew true permeability results. Our software and hardware work together and allow you to utilize low-cost gas solutions to test in low permeability situations without sacrificing accurate testing results.
- Full PID Auto Tuning Temperature Controllers with bright LCD displays to enable maximum resolution and accuracy for Upstream and Downstream Pressure Measurements
- Equipped with Four Mass Flow Controllers which allow the user to select the Proper Resolution based on Sensed Permeability Value
- Oven-Enclosed Core Holder to allow for Constant Temperature for Test Duration
- Compatibility with any Testing System, including, but not limited to, High Temperature, High Pressure, and Compaction Cell
- Short Circuit, Overload, Over-Voltage and Over-Temperature Protection
- Internal Flashcard equipped with Power Failure Protection and Global Wear-Leveling Algorithms
- Built-in internal CPU to maximize Lab Space
- Uses Gas, instead of Water, to determine Permeability, which Eliminates Potential Reactions with Rock and Provides Clean Samples at the Conclusion of Measurements
- Gas viscosity is Calculated at Measured Pressure and Constant Temperature to Calculate Steady State Permeability
- Utilizes a Simple Experimental Method that is a Proven Industry Standard
- Possesses a Custom-Designed Automated Control and Data Acquisition System